Hundreds of staff from Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service and its partners will take to the streets June 1, in an ambitious drive to make Cheshire, Halton and Warrington safer for everyone.
The aim of the second annual Cheshire Safety Day is to raise as much awareness as possible of how to stay safe in the kitchen, in the home, on the roads and in the community.
More than a dozen events are being held across the service's area (see below) and firefighters, community safety staff, support staff and managers, fire cadets, volunteers and colleagues from a range of partner organisations are aiming to complete 1,000 home safety assessments. They will be targeting over 65s, who are most at risk of fire in the home.
You can keep up-to-date on how Cheshire Safety Day is going on tomorrow by regularly visiting our website and following @cheshirefire on Twitter or our Facebook status.
What's happening in Cheshire West and Chester? * Chester - providing local drivers with key road safety messages. Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service's cadets will be joining the Age UK 'Men in Sheds' project at Minerva Avenue, making planters and bird boxes for local older people.
* Hartford - the cadets will be joining the Age UK 'Men in Sheds' project at Hartford.
* Northwich - Deafness Support Network will be running a cooker safety session with young adults.
* Winsford - special event at Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service's headquarters aimed at children of deaf people.
* Also targeted delivery of home safety assessments in all parts of Cheshire where there are high numbers of people aged over 65.
What's happening in Cheshire East? * Church Lawton - streetsafe event involving firefighters from Congleton, Cheshire Police and Plus Dane registered social landlord.
* Crewe - community safety marketplace involving 12 partners at Eagle Bridge Medical Centre. In addition, Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service's cadets will be joining the Age UK 'Men in Sheds' project, making planters and bird boxes for local older people. There will also be road safety engagement with local drivers.
* Macclesfield - 'on the streets' team, including Peaks and Plains Housing Association and Cr8, out and about on the Moss Farm Estate engaging with children and young people. There will also be road safety awareness raising in the town and at Astra Zeneca there will be a road safety event aimed at employees and visiting delegates from 48 countries.
* Nantwich - road safety engagement with drivers.
* Poynton - presentation to the local assembly on housing needs for the elderly, plus road safety engagement with drivers in Disley.
What's happening in Halton? * Runcorn - road safety awareness for drivers.
What's happening in Warrington? * Warrington - engagement with motorists on key road safety messages. Players from Warrington Wolves will be in attendance at 9:30am to give their backing.
Posted: 12.22am, 31.05.11