bbqLondon Fire Brigade have issued a safety warning after a series of barbeque-related blazes in the capital.

A block of flats in Battersea was evacuated earlier this week when a roof caught fire after a disposable barbeque was accidently knocked off a balcony.

Four fire engines and 21 firefighters were required to put out the blaze.

It was the fourth such incident in the past week and led the LFB to issue a warning to "never use a barbeque in an enclosed area such as a balcony".

Head of operations, prevention and response Dave Brown added: "Barbeques are fine as long as you take a few sensible steps, such as lighting them well away from anything that could catch fire and never leaving them unattended."