Much of the work done by firefighters wouldn't be possible without developments in workwear, corporate clothing and PPE and the first ever Professional Clothing Awards will celebrate that contribution at the Workwear & Corporate Clothing Show next April.
With the working garment industry now estimated to be worth £2.2 billion and growing, the workwear and PPE sector is an increasingly important industry sector providing fire professionals with high quality, personal protective equipment, high visibility jackets and uniforms.
Nominations are still open across the categories which will take in the whole working garment industry - from products, components and materials to full uniforms and processes - and entries will be judged on their practical benefits to the user, the supply chain and the environment.
However, the deadline for nominations is fast approaching on December 12th for manufacturers, buyers and suppliers to enter into one of the following categories:
- Best bespoke uniform for a) Workwear b) Corporate Clothing c) PPE
- Business Manager of the Year
- Best managed contract for a) Major b) Boutique
- Best stock design for a) Corporate Clothing b) Workwear
- Fabric and fibre innovation
- Best Supplier Website
- Best Supplier Catalogue
- Best Contribution to Environmental Sustainability
- Best innovation in Sports and Leisure PPE
- Best Innovation in Security and Emergency Response PPE
- Best Innovation in Occupational PPE
- Best Innovation in PPE Components and Accessories
- Best Innovation in Safety Footwear
- Best Contribution to PPE Production Efficiency
- PPE Innovation of the Year (sponsored by SATRA)
Workwear and Corporate Clothing Show managing director Yvette Ashby said: "With just two weeks to go before the deadline, it is vital that our industry takes this opportunity to put forward nominations and celebrates the fantastic work that has been taking place over the past year.
"Whether they manufacture fibres and fabrics, supply stock garments or distribute footwear, all businesses in the workwear, corporate clothing and PPE industry will now have the chance to be recognised for their important work, but must ensure they make their nominations for this very special event by December 12."
For further information on exhibiting, sponsorship opportunities or attending the Workwear and Corporate Clothing Show, visit www.workwearshow.com