CFOA welcomes new president
The Chief Fire Officers Association (CFOA) is delighted to announce that Paul Fuller was appointed as CFOA President at the Association’s annual general meeting on Wednesday, 18th September 2013.
Paul, Chief Fire Officer of Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service, will serve as CFOA President for the term 2013-2014.
CFOA also welcomes Paul Hancock, Chief Fire Officer at Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service, who joins the Presidential Team as Vice-President Elect. Completing the Presidential team is Vice President Peter Dartford, Chief Fire Officer at Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service.
Upon accepting the appointment Paul Fuller said: "I would like to thank our outgoing President, Vij Randeniya for his contributions over the last 3 years and particularly the last year as President. I look forward to building upon the achievements of the Association over previous years, and am honoured to be taking over as CFOA President at this stimulating and increasingly challenging time.”
In his first presidential address, Paul set out a number of key objectives for his presidential term:
- To continue to build strong, positive, relationships – both within and outside the organisation – ensuring that members’ views and priorities are effectively communicated
- To work with key organisations, bringing together expertise and understanding in research that increases the safety of the built and natural environment
- To seek commercial opportunities that allow the organisation to be sustained by its own funding activities rather than donation
- To continue to influence change – through providing professional advice on best practice and via the soon-to-launch Fire Parliamentary Scheme, which will bring MPs into much closer contact with their Fire and Rescue Service locally and nationally
- To launch the CFOA foundation, a charitable organisation that will help support the wide range of charitable activities in which we are involved.
Write a Comment