Infographics today revealed that County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service (CDDFRS) is the latest UK FRS to rollout the new cross-platform FireWatch Mobile app.
The announcement follows on from other fire and rescue services recently confirming their adoption of the iOS and Android-compatible solution, which is part of the FireWatch Fire Service Management suite.
FireWatch Mobile allows users to directly access data and tasks for leave, skills, training, availability and assets. It also enables supervisors and team members to manage and act on any issues or deadlines highlighted within their personalised Key Performance Indicators.
Graeme Lockhart, Information Services Manager at CDDFRS, said: “We are excited to be continuing our investment in digital technology and innovation to support our staff in being more efficient and effective in their roles. This will allow increased and simplified system access, as well as the flexibility and security that is associated with using mobile apps. Our digital enablement will provide greater productivity and ultimately support our commitment in making sure that people, businesses and organisations in County Durham and Darlington are protected by working towards our vision of Safest People, Safest Places.”
Russell Wood, Commercial Manager at Infographics, said: “We are delighted CDDFRS are joining other fire and rescue services and rolling out the new FireWatch Mobile app. We are confident it will help them increase productivity and support flexible working across the workforce, providing managers and their staff with access to key functions from any location.”
Benefiting from the latest cross-platform app development tools, FireWatch Mobile integrates seamlessly with the wider FireWatch user experience across Web, SMS and the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform.
The key features of the new FireWatch Mobile app include:
- Bio-metric login – convenient and secure with options for face ID and fingerprint recognition
- ‘Push notifications’ automatically triggered by the FireWatch two-way mobilisation system interface, with the ability to confirm attendance and ETA
- Quick and easy digitalised attendance claims integrated with location services directly from the user’s mobile phone
- ‘Roaming availability’ – eliminates the need for users to manually change their cover provision location by automatically detecting this and optionally using location services.
- Employee calendar – allows users to manage time, bookings and availability from anywhere
- Book on/off – quick and easily to book on/off, or make future bookings
- Station availability – view current station and vehicle crewing information and upcoming changes
- Organisation-wide availability for managers – providing an understanding of ‘the bigger picture’ across the entire FRS within a mobile-optimised view
- Holiday request workflow – request and approve leave directly from the app, which has an in-built, dynamic understanding of the live FRS contracts, post structure and hierarchy (via from the wider-integrated FireWatch solution)
- Actionable KPI charts – presents key role-based metrics that users can directly drill into and perform actions on
- Training request workflow – allows users to quickly find training matching their role and skills needs, utilising an automated, multi-step workflow for course booking
- Training course calendar – view and browse training course options directly from the app
- Self and reflective assessments from incidents, training courses and scenarios – with notifications and completion by end users
- Standardised asset testing, auditing and defecting – including camera integration
Infographics expects to announce further new clients for the FireWatch Mobile app soon.