Theme: Business Sustainability, Sprinkler Innovations & Standards
Date: May 20-21
Venue: Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, London
Download full programme here
As the only major conference outside the US which focuses solely on automatic fire suppression systems, the Fire Sprinkler International Conference provides broad coverage of the capacity, capabilities and consistent performance of sprinklers.
FSI 2014's programme will start both days with plenary sessions offering papers of significant interest to most of the industry, followed by parallel sessions with papers of narrower appeal.
The event will be formally opened by Sir Edward Lister, Deputy Mayor of London and global experts will speak on a variety of topics over the two days.
"Fire Sprinkler International 2014 promises to be our best-attended conference yet" said Alan Brinson, Executive Director of the European Fire Sprinkler Network (EFSN) and co-organiser of Fire Sprinkler International 2014. "We have more speakers and exhibitors than ever, making this an outstanding opportunity to catch up on the latest sprinkler developments."
Highlights will include:
• Chris Hanks, Chairman of The Purple Partnership, a network of independent insurance brokers, will give the insurer’s view of sprinklers. Chris recently retired as Commercial General Manager at Allianz and now holds a number of non-Executive Directorships in the insurance industry
• Graham Brough, CEO of the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR), will present the findings of the CEBR’s research into the macroeconomic impact of commercial fires. For 20 years the CEBR has supplied independent economic forecasting and analysis to hundreds of private firms and public organisations
• Ronnie Gibson, Chief Engineer for FM Global, the leading commercial property insurer, will discuss how sprinkler designs to protect storage have evolved, illustrating his presentation with the results of research conducted by FM Global
• Haukur Ingason, Professor of Tunnel Fire Safety at the Swedish laboratory SP, will present the results of full-scale tunnel fire testing with sprinklers. The tests were conducted for the Swedish government and assess the design of sprinkler systems to be installed in road tunnels around Stockholm
• Kathleen Almand, Executive Director of NFPA’s Fire Protection Research Foundation, will present research on the fire hazards in timber buildings and show their need for sprinklers
• Karim Karzazi of AXA and convenor of the CEN committee which drafts European sprinkler and water mist standards, will present the latest revisions to the European sprinkler design standard, EN 12845, and to the European insurers’ sprinkler design rule, CEA 4001
• Russ Fleming, Managing Director of the International Fire Sprinkler Association and President of the National Fire Sprinkler Association in the US, will discuss the role fire sprinklers have to play in sustainability
Visit www.firesprinklerinternational.com to view the full programme and access online registration together with details of the Gala Dinner.
Delegates choosing to attend the two day conference will also be able to visit the Fire Sprinkler International Exhibition where 35 exhibitors will present products and services from around the world. A full list of exhibitors can be found here: http://firesprinklerinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/EXHIBITORS-LIST1.pdf.