The IFE encourages all its women engineer members to get involved on 23 June 2014 in the following ways:
- Register to speak at a local school (through Inspiring the Future, WES Register or STEM Ambassadors)
- Contact your local school and offer to meet their pupils or become a school governor
- Encourage your Company or Organisation to carry out some of the activities above
- Tweet about your job #whatengineersdo or in support of NWED #nwed2014
- Write a biography for the WES She's an Engineer feature or blog about your work
- Write an article for IFE’s journal / enews
- Complete an IFE member case study
- Join WES and become a STEM Ambassador
Female Fire Engineers – make your views count
The IFE Main Board has committed that the IFE should be examining barriers to women in the wider fire safety industry and seek to remove such barriers.
In the first instance, views from women IFE members are being sought, to determine whether or not they consider that there are indeed gender issues that need addressing, and whether or not they would wish to be more involved at local Branch level.
Please send any views on this to email@example.com by the end of March 2014
For more information visit www.wes.org.uk