Hampshire firefighters are preparing for the national charity car wash day, Saturday 19 March. The event will take place at fire stations up and down the country to raise money for The Fire Fighters Charity, the only official organisation that supports injured firefighters and their families in their time of need.
Residents are invited to bring their cars to their local fire station and receive the thorough 'wash and go' treatment in exchange for a charitable donation. Station Manager Tim Vile of Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "The annual car wash is one of the main fundraising events for The Fire Fighters Charity. It's an opportunity for us to help raise money for a charity that relies entirely on the generosity of the public and firefighting community.
"It is also a great chance for people to come and meet their local firefighters and chat informally to us about fire safety, hopefully picking up a few extra tips on how to stay safe at home and on the road."
Local fire stations taking part are:
- Basingstoke Fire Station - West Ham Close, Basingstoke from 10am to 4pm
- Droxford Fire Station - Union Lane, Droxford from 10am to 2pm
- Eastleigh Fire Station - Steele Close, Eastleigh from 10am to 4pm
- Fareham Fire Station - Station Approach, Fareham from 10am to 4pm
- Hightown Fire Station - Coates Road, Southampton from 10am to 3pm
- St Marys Fire Station - St Marys Road, Southampton from 10am to 4pm
Car washes on other days or in other locations:
- Saturday 19 March - Wickes, Winchester Road, Southampton, 10am to 4pm (Redbridge firefighters)
- Sunday 20 March - Sutton Scotney Fire Station, Oxford Road, 10am to 3pm
- Saturday 26 March - Winchester Fire Station, Easton Lane, Winnall from 10am to 4pm
- Saturday 26 March - Fleet Fire Station, Connaught Road, Fleet from 10am to 4pm.
Posted: 10.34am, 18.03.11