Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) experts TenCate will be running two study sessions at this year’s Emergency Services Show.
The sessions will look at a range of issues on PPE, including international standards, developing trends and new innovations. The study session will be given twice at the following times:
- Seminar Day 1: Wednesday 24 September, 1.30 pm - 4.30 pm
- Seminar Day 2: Thursday 25 September, 9.00 am - 12.00 noon.
The study session is broken into three separate sections and will also include contributions by FIRE’s own PPE expert David Matthers, who has campaigned tirelessly to improve standards. It will include a focus on:
- A European and international perspective on the relationship between standards, manufacturers and the end users, including of difficulties on a PPE Procurement Process, delivered by Russell Shephard, manager standards for the Australasian Fire and Emergency Service Authorities Council (AFAC)
- An innovative PPE approach to turn-out gear – a best practice case, which will be a best practice demonstration, and
- Research into physiology and ergonomics as the basis for improving firefighter clothing, delivered by Ronald Heus, senior scientist protective clothing and equipment.
Don’t miss this excellent opportunity to get up to speed on what’s happening today in the field of firefighters’ protective clothing. Admission is free, but pre-registration is required, as seats are limited.