This year's Institution of Fire Engineers Annual Conference will take place at the Fire Service College on 14th November 2013 and will focus on the topic of Fire Related Research and Developments.
The IFE and FSC are pleased to announce details of this year's event and to invite papers for inclusion in plenary, parallel or poster sessions.
Are you or your colleagues engaged in an innovative project, research and/or development in a fire-related field?
We wish to hear from individuals, Fire and Rescue Authorities and other organisations looking to showcase best practice, initiative and cutting edge research.
Our conference attracts a wide audience from across the Emergency Services, the Fire Industry, Research Communities and other private or public sectors interested in the latest fire-related issues, developments and concerns. We welcome a broad range of backgrounds and professional approaches including technical, engineering, legal, social, psychological, economic, operational, national and international perspectives. This gives our conference its distinctive multi-disciplinary and multi-agency flavour.
Benefits of attending this event include the opportunity to:
• be informed about the latest developments in research and best practice and learn from a range of approaches and perspectives on key topical issues
• profile and discuss your work by giving a presentation - in person or by poster
• apply, as a presenter, for the annual Gore/Fire award – presented to the most captivating research project and including a cash prize
• informally discuss project-related issues and problems with others actively engaged in research and development work
• meet and network with a range of professionals from across fire-related communities
• receive an award of CPD hours by the IFE
• discuss opportunities for further professional development with representatives from professional bodies such as the IFE
Presentations may focus on any field of interest to the Fire and Emergency Response and Management community. This might include (but is not restricted to) projects focussing on: technical and fire engineering research; audit analysis, leadership issues, effective evaluation methods; multi-agency initiatives, partnership working, governance, employment relations, fire research statistics; integrated risk management planning; the application of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order; civil protection & disaster management; professional training and development.
We are now inviting anyone interested in presenting at the conference to apply. For an application form and further information about registration procedures please see the following website: www.eventsforce.net/ife/re13/home
Alternatively please email the programme coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Friday 3rd May 2013.