scotlandThe Scottish Fire and Rescue Service and accident investigators have begun removing the wreckage of the helicopter from the Clutha bar, an operation that could take some time to complete according to the SFRS.

The incident, which happened on Friday night, witnessed the death of at least nine people when a Police Scotland helicopter crash-landed into the Clutha Vaults bar on the banks of the river Clyde.

Speaking on Saturday, SFRS Deputy Chief Officer Alex Clark said: “Our thoughts are very much with everyone affected by this incident.

“Along with our fellow emergency services, firefighters responded very quickly. We will remain on site and our crews will continue to do absolutely everything we possibly can until the operation is completed.”

Deputy chief constable Rose Fitzpatrick said no further fatalities had been identified so far, adding that until the helicopter had been removed Police Scotland could not be certain whether more bodies or even a survivor might be found.

One further body was removed from the site as of this morning [2 Dec] with twelve people still being treated in hospital with a variety of serious injuries.

Describing the emergency services response, Police Scotland Chief Constable Stephen House said: "Police Scotland is coordinating the response to the incident, which includes specialist teams from Scottish Fire and Rescue and our colleagues from the Scottish Ambulance Service. As we speak highly-trained firefighters from all over Scotland are carrying out a rescue operation at the scene. They are continuing to make the building safe to allow full examination of the scene."

He continued: "A full and thorough investigation into what happened has already begun. The Air Accident Investigation branch are here in Glasgow and will be leading their own investigation. This is a very difficult and sensitive operation. The scene is, as you have probably seen on the media, a particularly challenging one."

Police Scotland continue to talk to witnesses and have issued a request for anyone with footage of the incident to come forward. Twelve people currently remain in hospitals across Glasgow.