The Purpose of MARS
- To test a multi-agency response to a major incident and validate standard operating procedures in a protracted incident
- To put into place Silver and Gold Commands at which emergency services and civil contingency agencies work together to address issues of such an incident
- Allow strategic commanders to observe and debate the command decisions and function necessary to mitigate and control a complex and protracted major emergency incident.
The Outcomes of MARS
- To test a simulated exercise to ascertain which methodology provides the best audit trail and learning outcomes
- Fully validate the standard operating procedures of all of the organisations involved
- Facilitate a learning experience for strategic managers
- Provide the opportunity for external delegates to examine the procedures and decision-making processes involved in a major operational emergency and to interact with silver and gold commanders to tease out why, where and when decisions were taken
- Provide a full audit trail and learning outcomes for both the participants and delegates to assist in the formation of subsequent standard operating procedures.
To book your place at MARS contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel: 0844 880 5061; fax 0844 880 5062.
Posted: 15.10pm, 24.02.11