South Wales Fire and Rescue Service is urging people to take their winter weather safety advice, in light of potential bad weather.
Last year, fire control operators received several calls to incidents where people had been caught out in the snow and icy conditions and are preparing to deal with further busy conditions this year.
Acting Chief Fire Officer Huw Jakeway said: "During periods of bad weather we would ask for people to be extra vigilant to ensure their safety and heed any advice given to stay indoors and avoid unnecessary journeys.
"Whilst remaining in their homes cold conditions it's likely that extra heaters that have been stored away or possibly candles will be used. If doing so, please ensure these are not placed too close to other items that could potentially catch fire, like curtains, clothes or items of furniture.
"Candles should be placed firmly within their holders on a flat, stable and heat resistant surface like a dinner plate and they should never be left unattended."
Posted December 15th, 2011 at 1820 by Andrew. Comment by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org